[USS] A Device Overview
In this section, a function, an appearance and sensors that can be connected to a device are described.
Function of a Device
A device helps to remotely track:
- access control to a room, to closets and servers;
- presence of smoke;
- water leakage;
- presence of 220V;
- presence of motion in a room;
- presence of shocks and vibrations
In addition, a device allows:
- notifying about events in a server room through SNMP TRAP, SYSLOG, e-mail and SMS (for a UniPing server solution v3/SMS device with a built-in GSM modem);
- building a system of sound and light alerting using a siren alarm АS-10, light beacons and other indication elements.
A monitoring device allows connecting a large number of various sensors. Readings of sensors may be taken through SNMP, HTTP protocols, and using URL-encoded commands and SMS commands (for a UniPing server solution v3/SMS device with a built-in GSM modem).
A device can be powered from an ordinary 220 V AC socket (internal battery) or from external power supply unit 5V DC (1,5A).
Important! It is prohibited to supply the power to a device from two power sources (internal and external) simultaneously. This can lead to a failure of a device.
Appearance of a UniPing server solution v3/SMS Device
A device has a standard size to be mounted in a 19' rack. A height of a device is 1U. The appearance is shown below:
Picture 1 – Front panel
Picture 2 – Back panel
Appearance of a UniPing server solution v3 Device
A device has a standard size to be mounted in a 19' rack. A height of a device is 1U. Appearance is shown below:
Picture 3 – Front panel
Picture 4 – Back panel