[ENG] Plugging, Installing and Initial Configuring of a Device
To prepare a device for operation, do the following:
1. Take a device out of a package and install at a horizontal surface or fix it in the 10" or 19" 1U rack.
When installing a device into a 10" rack it is enough to use mounting brackets included into the shipping kit.
When installing into a 19" rack it is possible to install 2 devices into one 1U 19" slot. In this case, each device will be fixed to the rack by one mounting bracket (as shown at the picture).
When installing a device on the table or at the wall mounting brackets are turned on 90 degrees and fix a device to the surface. In this case, 2 brackets are fixed to the case of a device diagonally.
2. Plug a power cord into a device.
3. Insert the SIM card into a corresponding slot at the front panel of a device until it clicks .
Pay attention to turn the SIM card contacts down.
SIM card must be inserted only into a device cut off power.
|4. Plug an external GSM antenna into a corresponding slot at the front panel of a device.|
5. Plug external sensors to the device (see detailed information in the section «Connecting External Sensors») and/or a load (details on connecting are described in the section «Plugging Load»).
External sensors and/or a load must be connected to a device cut off power.
6. Plug a device to a supply network with a voltage of 110В-220V and a frequency of 50/60 Hz.
CPU LEDs lighting near the Ethernet ports at the front panel of a device will be an indicator for power availability.
While a device is initializing, LEDs will blink several times indicating turning a device on, afterward they will glow permanently.
7. Plug a device into the office Ethernet network into any available Ethernet port of a switch.
LINK LED lighting near a corresponding Ethernet port at the front panel of a device will mean that a connection was established successfully.
The second Ethernet port may be used for connecting any Ethernet devices in the chain, including other NetPing devices.
Now a device is connected and ready for operation.
A device that has been just purchased or a device, which has been reset to default values (see «Resetting Parameters to Default Values»), needs the initial configuration of network addresses and load control parameters. Afterward, a device can be connected to the existing network. It can be configured further by using remote access to a device. Read about the configuration in more details in the document "Firmware Description" (Where to Get a Document Describing Firmware).